Do you grind your teeth at night while you sleep? Do you wake up with jaw pain or have worn down teeth? If so, you could be suffering from bruxism. Bruxism is a common condition that causes you to clench your jaw, snap your teeth together, or grind your teeth at night while you sleep. This condition can be harmful to your teeth and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
Our dentist, Dr. Krupakar Reddy Yeturu, offers treatments for bruxism and is happy to help you overcome it. That is why our team at Ontario Chino Dental Center in Ontario, California, has provided you with some facts about it to help you better understand your teeth-grinding troubles.
– Jaw pain: Jaw and facial discomfort along with muscle tightness are known symptoms of bruxism.
– Tooth sensitivity: A heightened feeling of tooth sensitivity when you wake up in the morning, which could be an indication that you suffer from this condition.
– Other Symptoms: If you have fractured teeth or there are symptoms of damage and discomfort to your smile when you wake up in the morning, you should consult with our dentist.
– Headaches and earaches: Dull headaches and earaches that do not originate in your ear can be produced by this condition.
– Treatments: Treatments that are commonly applied to help alleviate the discomfort associated with grinding and gnashing of your teeth can include bite guards and night plates.
– Worn enamel: Worn tooth enamel or teeth that look flat could have sustained damage due to bruxism.
It is important to treat keep your teeth healthy and strong so they can last for many years. If you have questions about your teeth, or if you need help with bruxism, please call us today at 909-984-2476 to make an appointment. Our experienced dental team is happy to assist you.