Although dental erosion is common, it should always be treated as soon as signs of damage are found. Treating dental erosion includes taking preventative measures to ensure your enamel does not get worse. Here are a few ways to improve your oral hygiene in the face of dental erosion:
– Limit daily snacking, and instead stick to large meals only.
– Make sure harmful acids are effectively removed from your mouth after meals with cleaning products such as chewing sugarless gum and using mouthwash.
– Limit your consumption of substances that have a low pH, as they are highly acidic.
– Make use of saliva, which is your body’s natural defense against dental erosion, so make sure to evade substances or medications that can contribute to dry mouth disorder.
– Limit sugary products and sweets, as sugars are changed into harmful acids within your mouth.
– Avoid abrasive resources that can make teeth extra sensitive. To stop abrasion against your teeth when brushing, make sure to always use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
If you suffer from dental erosion, contact Ontario Chino Dental Center at 909-984-2476 to determine which treatment is right for you. To schedule an oral examination with Dr. Krupakar Reddy Yeturu and our team at our dentist office in Ontario, California, please contact us at your earliest convenience. We look forward to your visit.